Can an apple a day really help keep the doctor away? I think so! Just look at all the benefits to a raw, organic apple:
- Excellent source of Vit C, Pectin, Fiber and Potassium
- One large apple a day has been shown to decrease serum cholesterol by 8-11% Two apples a day lowered cholesterol by up to 16%
- Most of the nutrients are contained in the skin, so don’t peel them.
- Apples are high in quercetin: nature’s anti-histamine.
- The insoluble fiber and pectin both help promote bowel regularity.
Food is medicine, so choose your food wisely and enjoy!
Best in Health,
Your Functional Medicine Health Coach