We are taking this opportunity to educate employers on the benefits of adopting healthy habits and promoting wellness to their employees. By practicing self-care, your employees bring more joy, positivity and meaning into their lives, and more energy and focus to their work.
Here are some ways that your team can kick start their well-being this month!
- Get moving! If formal exercise is difficult to fit in, there are short bursts of movement that count too! Don’t park close to the door in parking lots, try to park your car far away so that you can get some extra steps in. Walk to your colleague’s office rather than sending an email. Get up and stretch your legs every hour or so.
- Invest in a fitness tracker. Sometimes counting your steps helps you keep movement in mind. Set a goal and try to get to it. Shoot for a heart-healthy 10,000 steps or more a day!
- Join a fitness center. Find a local fitness center that fits your needs and join! Some employers offer discounts on memberships.
- Work out at home. There are many videos and apps that make it convenient to work out at home. Try this before or after work – and especially on the weekends!
- Encourage walking meetings. Take your meeting while walking around the block or around your building. This is a great way to get yourself moving.
- Motivate each other by hosting a friendly fitness competition!
As we all know, exercising more, eating mindfully, drinking more water, and managing stress levels makes a huge difference in our lives. All of us can do our part to help encourage a healthier workforce!
If you are an employer and would like to learn more about our Corporate Wellness Programs click here.