LIFE STYLE MEDICINE
Do you often feel stress, anxiety or depression?
These emotions along with physical pain or tension can be symptoms of energy congestion (a.k.a. trauma) stuck in the body. We are taught from a very young age to disconnect from what the body is telling us and look outside of ourselves for answers regarding our wellbeing. Yet the body is our greatest ally and a goldmine of wisdom waiting to be uncovered. It is also the gateway to the unconscious mind.
During our sessions together I teach you proven tools and techniques to help you connect to your body and rest your nervous system.
I use a combination of different modalities depending on your needs. These include:
- Somatic Experiencing (SE), a body-based therapeutic model applied in multiple professional settings that aim to resolve symptoms of stress, shock and/or trauma that accumulate in our bodies.
- Dynamic Neural Retraining System (DNRS), a simple, self-directed neural rehabilitation method, which uses the principles of neuroplasticity to help rewire your brain.
- Integrated Energy Therapy (IET), an attunement-based energy healing modality, which helps clear physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual blockages safely and gently.
- Authentic movement and gentle yoga, movement therapies that use mindfulness, movements and breathing techniques to promote physiological, psychological and spiritual well-being.
- The Gene Keys, a highly effective method to help guide you to a deeper understanding of yourself and your life purpose. Inspired by the Chinese I-Ching It is a beautiful blend of personal development and the ancient wisdom of astrology.
Your body has a natural intelligence that will either constrict, repress, react or flow. As we work together, I invite you into an all-inclusive presence where feelings, states, sensations and thoughts are not signs of ‘failure’ or ‘lack’. Rather, they are intelligent aspects of consciousness, and when included they are integrated within your system. The end result is greater flow and less constriction.
Sometimes, I ask for permission to place my hands on your body (head, forehead, chest, back and/or abdomen) to further assist in the clearing and healing process. As energetic shifts occur, the experience evokes a state of deep rest and calm that overtime, the nervous system remembers.
I look forward to working with you to help you develop a relationship with your wise and creative body. I look forward to helping you expand your choices and empower yourself.