This week’s recipe comes from Halliday – our marketing specialist and member of the guest services team. This is a light and crispy lunchtime favorite – Rainbow Salad!
(Makes 2 Entree-Sized Servings)
– 3 Strips Turkey Bacon
– 3-4 Large Romaine Lettuce Leaves
– 1 Stalk Celery
– 1/2 Cup Baby Spinach
– 1/2 Cup Diced Red & Yellow Bell Pepper
– 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
– 1/4 Cup Dried Blueberries
– 3 Tbsp Minced Red Onion
– 1 Tbsp Honey
– 1/2 Tbsp Ground Parmesan
– Salt, black pepper, garlic powder & onion powder – to taste
1. Put bacon on pan and begin cooking on medium heat. Add honey, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Turn bacon as needed, and set aside on a paper towel to cool when done.
2. Cut or tear romaine leaves into roughly 2″ pieces. Chop celery stalk, dice bell peppers, and mince onions. Once bacon has cooled, chop into 1/2″ pieces.
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
Halliday’s personal favorite dressing to top this is a creamy Caesar, but it also pairs fantastically with vinaigrettes!