Trick or Treat!? Nourish chooses TREATS, of course! Enjoy these Raw Brownie Bites. With Halloween right around the corner, you might be thinking about making something sweet for the kiddos that you also want to be healthy. Raw Brownie Bites are a great solution! Dates are in season now, and are a healthy addition to this treat. They are high in Potassium, Magnesium and Fiber, promoting heart, brain and digestive health!
Raw Brownie Bites
Quick and easy brownie bites that are exclusively sweetened with fruit!
- 1½ cups raw walnut halves
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (alcohol free, if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional, but really deepens the chocolate flavor)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup soft dates, pitted (about 10 Medjool dates)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Additional cocoa powder, for coating (optional)
- In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, grind the walnuts into a fine meal.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and process again until a sticky, uniform dough is formed. You may need to adjust the cocoa powder/water ratio to achieve the desired consistency.
- Scoop the batter by heaping tablespoons onto a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper, to prevent sticking. Roll the balls between your hands, and roll them in cocoa powder, if desired.
- Store the balls in the fridge or freezer, and serve them chilled for the most firm texture. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 10 g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 161 mg||7 %|
|Potassium 259 mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18 g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 14 g|
|Protein 5 g||9 %|
|Vitamin A||1 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|