One of the wonderful aspects of our holiday season is the way we choose to gather in community. But did you know that enough people have a fear of dinner conversations that they gave it a name? It’s called Deipnophobia! Not all of us are gifted in the conservation department or know where to start! So here are ten fun facts and conversation starters you can share at your next holiday gathering to connect more deeply and take the stress out of starting small talk:
- Laughing is good for the heart and can increase blood flow by 20 percent! When was the last time you laughed so hard that you cried?
- Did you know, The origin behind “raising a toast” can be traced back to the Ancient Greeks. Back then, they used burnt toast to temper the flavor of the wine before drinking.
- If you had a chance to eat dessert for breakfast every day, what dessert would you choose?
- Did you know, The bumblebee bat is arguably the world’s smallest mammal. It’s super cute!
- What is your idea of the perfect day?
- Did you know, Lemons float, but limes sink. Weird, but true! Try it out!
- There’s a good chance that you have a facial doppelganger roaming the world somewhere. What would you do if you met them?
- Did you know, A cow-bison hybrid is called a Beefalo, and they’ve been an official species since the ’80s!
- Tell me about the last song, tv show, TikTok video, or book you consumed and what it meant to you?
- Did you know Bees can fly higher than Mount Everest!
Enjoy your conversations! Let us know how it goes in the comments below.